Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In the midst of a busy summer, although not genealogy-wise...

Hopefully y'all have been too busy with your summer vacations to notice that I've been too busy with my summer vacation to write! There hasn't been a lot going on on the genealogy front for me lately and on top of that, I was away in Mexico for a wedding and there have been a lot of little day trips and busy weekends and now I have birthday planning to do! I think I'm going to need a vacation from my summer! :)

I really don't have much to add right now either but wanted to drop everyone a line just to say hi and to hope your genealogy research has been more productive lately than mine! I have much more to look at regarding the Ricklefs-Tiedemann Germany lines, which hopefully I'll get to once September rolls around. I've also, as I always do, jumped around back to my Raynor line - since reading Russell Shorto's "The Island at the Center of the World," I'm determined to look more closely at both my English and Dutch colonial ancestry to see how they connect to the events Shorto talks about in his book (or, if they don't connect, just finding the contemporaries of those New Amsterdam settlers and seeing what was going on in their lives). I also have an extra day off on Monday coming up and if it rains, I'm contemplating a trip into Manhattan to visit the Municipal Archives. It's been too long since I've been there and I have a couple of records I think I'll have better luck finding if I do my own search instead of relying on archive staff (if it's your tree and your research, you know what spelling variations or name variations to look for much better than an employee or volunteer with no vested interest in your personal tree would). If I get there, I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment