Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday musings and our regular WDYTYA reminder

My dad is starting to think like me.

Today he was talking about all the baby steps and giant leaps, all the zigzags and decisions that each one of our ancestors had to make-unrelated, ordinary people from nowhere near each other in national origin, social stature, religion, money class-so that eventually their descendents would end up in the same place at the same time to meet each other and become our parents and grandparents and so on and so forth. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason and there seems to be a lot of chance and luck involved, but maybe there is something a little more deliberate to it. I don't know. It's crazy but it's so amazing, and I think it's one of the most fascinating things about genealogy, how the journeys of these people's lives are the reasons we are here today...so it's kinda cool that my dad thinks that, too. Right on, Dad! :)

On another happy note, tonight is the first new episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" in awhile. I believe the featured celebrity is Steve Buscemi. I don't know anything about how family, but I know he's a local Long Island boy from Valley Stream, just a few towns over, so I'm interested to see what he's looking for and what he discovers. I'll be visiting friends this weekend so I won't get to watch the episode till I get back - look for my thoughts and musings on it early next week.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" airs at 8 p.m. EST on NBC.

Happy weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment